Monday, December 6, 2010

What should my domain name be?

My website is ready! I'm so excited for it to be live, but, I have one dilemma...I can't decide on a domain name. My choices are... jaquelynkatzman.com, jkatzman.com, or jkdesigns.com. Ideally, I want my domain name to be my full name, however, my name is very difficult to spell...you see, my parents forgot the "c" in Jaquelyn...and for some reason, even when it's written out right infront of them, people have this urge to add a "c" right before the "q". jkatzman.com is ok, but it just makes it seem like my full name wasn't available. The last one, jkdesigns.com, seemed like a good idea, although, then I have the issue discussed in my "My Logo" post, oh and I would have to buy that one from some creepy company that already owns it... decisions decisions...feel free to chime in.

9 comments:

  1. Go with JKDesigns. Has the word designs in it which is good, it's super easy to spell, and it rolls off the tongue nicely. You could say it over the phone and there is no way to get it wrong. I hope you have all the others, as well as the .org and .net versions. Want to keep squatters away from your domain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the only one available is the .com and some of the other ones, like the .ca and .org are pretty awful :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you're in luck because that's the only one that really matters anyway. I hope you own it, meaning it's in your possession right now. Never wait to register a good name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nevermind, I got a quote...it's $1688 haha, at least that made my decision easier

    ReplyDelete
  5. And why not katzmandesigns.com ? Easy, to point. No?
    Bisous,
    W

    ReplyDelete
  6. good point, I'll look into it, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. katzmandesigns.com is hard to read and hard to spell. I'd skip that one. So what do you actually own? In your hands right now? I don't understand the quote. Quote for what?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I deleted my comment b/c it said my domain name and I'm not ready to show people my website yet. First I need to make sure it works on different browsers and computers. About the quote, it was for jkdesigns.com :S, the company selling it wanted $1688 for it, really pricey.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews