Saturday, December 4, 2010

What is Graphic Design?

I'm writing this post to explain what graphic design is and why it is important enough to create a blog about. Many believe that graphic design is just about "making things pretty" but that is not so. Graphic design is identifying a problem and solving it, it is capturing attention, creating understanding and finding the right methods to do so. When a design is created all of these goals need to be kept in mind. Often the client doesn't know the problem, the reason why their company is not getting enough attention or is failing to get across a point about their company. I think the most fun part about design is trying to get it to capture the attention of viewers. In a world so cluttered with advertising and design, it's so impressive when a designer is able to make their design pop. Those are the designs I'm interested in, they are the type that I take pictures of as inspiration to share on my blog and the type that I am striving to create. Now the journey begins to find what it is exactly that makes a design pop...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews